Sunday 11 March 2012

One Morning.....

The long,sharp knife sent a shiver through my back.I saw the beads of sweat on her forehead.I knew she was going to do something that she might regret later on......
It had all started on a fine morning.I had gotten up at 7 as my M.COM assignments were due in a week.Finally after days of procrastinating i decided to complete it as soon as possible.Amma was already up and in the kitchen.I went down and asked if she wanted Tea.She had a strange look on her face as if something disastrous was going to happen.I decided to make her a cup of tea as she must be tensed about her tuition students year end exams starting today.I made two cups of tea and sat down to start on my assignments and that's when i heard the sharpening of the knife.you know that gut feeling when you watch horror movies that something is going to happen the next second.She felt the sharp end of the knife and ran a finger to feel its sharpness.just watching that gave me the goosebumps.She picked up the knife and brought it close to the neck and whacked hard.I could see the Blood running and that's how after one hour my Amma made her first Chicken Biryani.

No comments:

Post a Comment